We love to spice up our chicken in any way in our home. We all love bacon and this recipe adds such a sweet taste. Juicy chicken breasts wrapped in turkey bacon and then drudged in a sugar and chili powder coating – it’s a dish that the whole family will love. Pair it will a good carb and some veggies and you have a perfectly portioned meal. It makes a great appetizer recipe too!
Inspired by LaaLoosh (http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/03/28/sweet-bacon-wrapped-chicken-breasts/)
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 fillets
- 4 slices extra lean turkey bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and mist with nonfat cooking spray.
- Wrap bacon around each chicken fillet, and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt and chili powder. Roll the bacon wrapped chicken breast in the sugar mixture until thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
Try using a chipotle chili powder instead of the regular chili powder for a more Southwestern flavor!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe is 4 servings
Serving size is 1 breast
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 210 calories; 3g fat; 16g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 0g fiber