When I say I am NOT a baker I mean it. You should of seen the last apple pie I attempted. The response from my 8 year old son – “Mommy it tastes pretty good, but I am not so sure what happened in the oven” – oh bless his sweet heart. So lets just say that I LOVE to eat yummy creations, BUT I will be the 1st to pull out the $$ in my wallet to pay someone else to make it for me. EXCEPT a few simple goodies that I have found I CAN make (like this one). When you find one you are confident with AND it tastes amazing you keep it around and make it often. Another plus and my favorite part…..my son loves it! So lets just say that this winner of a recipe is Mom made and picky child approved!!
Recipe inspired by: http://www.hummusapien.com/paleo-pumpkin-bars/
I “think” he likes them!
I am always switching up brands/add ins so feel free to play around with ingredients.
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 overripe medium banana
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I use nutmeg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts, optional (you could also put in raisins, another nut, etc – let me know what you try)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8in square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until well-combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
PREP TIME – 15 mins COOK TIME – 30 mins TOTAL TIME – 45 mins SERVES – 12