We love our organic sausage, but it can get pretty boring making the same old recipe or just having it for breakfast. This is a simple, fast recipe that can be made quickly (could even double the recipe for leftovers) any night of the week.
Inspired by: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/campfire-hash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 pound sausage (we prefer organic)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies (we omitted these)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained (we use frozen corn in bag)
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil under tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add potatoes. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa; cook and stir until meat and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in chilies and corn; heat through.